Sunday, November 7, 2010

Two years

The last couple of days have been tough...who am I kidding?...the last couple of months have been tough. At any rate, the emotional rollercoaster is not a fun ride. I am facing my demons and the 'tainted' parts of my person head on. In my darkest moments I've steamrolled over people I care about and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. I have to remind myself that I am a giving, loving, kind soul with a lot to offer and I need to let those parts of me shine as I chip away at the negative formations, the habit energy and my ego. It's exhausting and invigorating at the same time, hence to emotional rollercoaster ride.

The Martine Locke live recording took place last night and it was amazing!! I feel extremely blessed and honored to have been a part of it. Not to mention the fact that I had a fantastic time playing. The waiting for the show to start is always a little nerve-racking, but once I sat down and started playing, it was all good and incredibly fun!!! The people who helped make it happen and the people who showed up to be a part of it are all amazing souls and I send my gratefulness to each and every one of them.

Yesterday was also the two-year anniversary of my brother's death and my emotions were even more challenging as the waves of grief crashed into me again and again. Initially I had trouble with that being the date of the recording, but I turned it around in my head (and my heart) and I sent my performance to him as a tribute to the amazing man he was...still is in my mind. I love you, Tyler. I miss you every minute. I am grateful for my life and my lessons...and my growth.

No comments: