Saturday, November 13, 2010

Feeling the peace

I'm sitting in the woods at the Tibetan Cultural Center in Bloomington. My friend, Kara, brought me out here with her this morning. She's doing an artists' workshop in the temple. I've been walking the trail that goes around the grounds, but I came upon a tree stump that really seemed like it wanted company, so I sat. I've been sitting here for probably an hour just listening and breathing, and watching the falling leaves rain down around me. The sun is fading in and out as it traverses the passing clouds. A few minutes ago a strong wind came through and created a blizzard of leaves that surrounded me...it was spectacular. I felt honored to be sitting here receiving that gift from the universe, as it cleared my mind and brought me into the present moment. I smiled up at the sky in silent appreciation.

As soon as we drove through the gate this morning, I could feel the energy shift. The peaceful energy of this place is palpable. Yesterday I couldn't sit still and I desperately wanted to climb out of my skin. Today I sit here in comfort. I could sit here for hours and feel as if I'm being enveloped in a warm, caring embrace. I find it very interesting and I felt moved to try to capture the feeling in words.

I think it's time to walk again. I want to see what others gifts are in store for me along this peaceful trail.

No comments: